At the end of last year, a new coronavirus (Covid-19) broke out in China. Meanwhile, the virus also reached our country. European health authorities are committed to protecting everyone’s health.
You can apply the following measures to improve your personal hygiene:
- Stay home if you are ill
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Use a new tissue paper each time and dispose of it in a lockable trash can.
- No handkerchief? Cough or sneeze into your elbow cavity
Slow down the spread of the virus with these tips:
- Avoid giving hands, kissing or hugging when you greet someone
- Be attentive to risk groups (persons over 65 years of age, diabetics, persons with heart, lung or kidney diseases, persons with a weakened immune system,…).
- Children do not get seriously ill from the coronavirus, but can spread it easily. Contact between children and the elderly is therefore not recommended.
- Try to keep a distance in places where many people gather.
- Avoid contact with people who are visibly ill or keep a sufficient distance.
What should I do if I am ill?
Do you have a fever and / or respiratory complaints (such as coughing and breathing difficulties)?
- Stay at home
- Call your doctor and report your symptoms. Don’t go to the waiting room or rush. The GP determines by telephone consultation whether you can hospitalize at home or if you need to go to the hospital.